Dear former editor of The Gateway: do you ever think about what the paper is up to these days?
If so, you now have a chance to get involved — The Gateway’s Board of Directors currently has an empty seat for our Alumni representative that requires filling. If you are interested in non-profit governance, media organization operations, or just loved your time at The Gateway and want to share your wisdom with the current staff, consider submitting a nomination for this position.
Like most other board positions, the Alumni representative is an unpaid position. This individual will need to attend monthly board meetings, where members advise on and discuss the organization’s operations. Involvement may include participation in subcommittees.
Any nominee must be:
- A previous Editor-in-Chief or Line Editor of the organization.
- Someone who, in the opinion of the board, has the financial, journalistic, or managerial skills or experience that will assist the board in its operations.
- Not a current volunteer or employee of the organization
- Someone who is not a current volunteer or employee of the society.
- Show clear interest in The Gateway operations and follow The Gateway’s social media channels.
- Be ready to regularly attend monthly board meetings and participate in subcommittee work to help drive and guide The Gateway’s operations.
Please send nominations and any questions to Board of Directors Chair Mitchell Pawluk via email ([email protected]) by 11:59 p.m. (MDT) on Monday, July 25. Current members will vote on nominees during the board’s next meeting.