Welcome to The Gateway!
We all have a lot to say, and we try to stay open to different viewpoints, but it’s possible to get out of hand. Here are some ground rules for commenting on articles. Our moderators reserve the right to remove anything that they deem inappropriate.
- Spam: This obviously includes spambots, but it also includes self-promotion.
- Personal attacks: Don’t insult other users, including calling other members trolls. There are respectful ways to disagree.
- Racism, sexism and other discrimination: We don’t tolerate insulting entire classes of people, either.
- Trolling: If you’re only posting to get a rise out of people, we’ll remove it. This can include derailing the comments by bringing in unrelated issues.
- Impersonation: Impersonating someone else will result in an immediate ban.
- Complaints about Moderation: If you disagree with the removal of your post, or would just like to know why it was removed, don’t post about it. Instead, contact us privately.
Above all, don’t be a jerk, and try to treat others as you would like to be treated.