2023 Students’ Union election candidates announced
The campaigning period for candidates will begin February 27 at 9:00 a.m..
The candidates for the Students’ Union 2023 election were announced on February 24 at the all-candidates’ meeting.
The scheduled forums are:
- Campus Saint-Jean (CSJ) Forum: March 3, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at La Grande Salle on CSJ campus.
- Presidential Debate: March 3, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Dewey’s.
- Myer Horowitz Forum: March 6, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. at SUBstage.
- Augustana Campus: March 6, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..
- International Students’ Association Forum: March 7, 4:00 p.m. at the Telus Center.
- Lister Hall Students’ Association: March 7, time is not yet confirmed.
All forums held in-person will also be accessible virtually.
The campaigning period for candidates will begin February 27 at 9:00 a.m.. Voting will start on March 8 and end on March 9.
The candidates for the 2023 Students’ Union election are:
- Christian Fotang
- Haruun Ali
Vice-president (academic) candidates
- Milan Regmi
- Pedro Almeida
- Rowan Morris
Vice-president (external) candidates
- Christopher Beasley
Vice-president (operations and finance) candidates
- Fateh Arslan
- Levi Flaman
Vice-president (student life) candidates
- Michael Griffiths
Board of Governors representative candidates
- Stephen Raitz
- “Yes” Side: Alberta Public Interest Research Group Fee (APIRG)
- “Yes” Side: Business Students’ Association Fee (BSA)
- “Yes” Side: Education Students’ Association Fee (ESA)
- “Yes” Side: HUB Community Association Fee (HCA)
- “Yes” Side: Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation Student Society Fee (KSRSS)
- “Yes” Side: Law Students’ Association Fee (LSA)
- “Yes” Side: Lister Hall Students’ Association Fee (LHSA)
- “Yes” Side: Nursing Undergraduate Association Fee (NUA)
- “Yes” Side: Campus Recreation Enhancement Fund Fee (CREF)
UPDATE: This article was updated at 1:23 p.m. on February 26, to reflect additional information provided by the elections office on referendums and plebiscites. The Campus Recreation Enhancement Fund Fee has been added as a plebiscite, and the HUB Community Association Fee and the Law Students’ Association Fee have been added to the list of referendums.
UPDATE: This article was updated at 7:50 p.m. on February 26, to reflect Pedro Almeida’s preferred name.
Every year, The Gateway publishes hundreds of articles like the one you just read that are free for everyone to access. But The Gateway needs your support to continue publishing its award-winning journalism. Please consider donating today, even a small amount can help the University of Alberta’s only newspaper continue serving the campus community. Thank you.