Do you like murder? What about songs about murder? If so, this is the playlist for you! Forget about listening to true crime podcasts and instead enjoy the playlist, “Somebody Got Murdered,” ranging from Southern Gothic tunes to a thotty sea shanty that’s just a whale of a tale.
Each of these songs tell a story. One is about a husband who murders his wife. Another is about being chased through the woods by an unhinged celebrity. One entails a man murdering all his children, because, let’s face it, kids can be annoying (still no excuse for murder though).
The one thing all these songs have in common? They all slap. So sit back, relax, and enjoy some of my carefully curated murder ballads.
*Disclaimer: Not all songs are technically ballads, but they are about murder.*
- Somebody Got Murdered – The Clash
- Psycho Killer – The Talking Heads
- Shia LaBeouf Live – Rob Cantor
- Carolina Drama – The Raconteurs
- Hey Joe – Jimi Hendrix
- Country Death Song – Violent Femmes
- The Ballad of Hollis Brown – Bob Dylan
- God’s Gonna Cut You Down – Johnny Cash
- If You Run – Desert Sessions
- The Rake Song – The Decemberists
- Where Did You Sleep Last Night – Nirvana
- The Mariner’s Revenge Song – The Decemberists